5 Litre Pot. Trachycarpus Fortunei.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth Rate: Slow-Average
- Flowering Period: June-August
- Hardiness: Hardy, may need winter protection
- Eventual Height: 6-12m
- Eventual Spread: 1.5-2.5m
Trachycarpus Fortunei, commonly known as Chusan Palm, is a bushy evergreen palm, with large fan shaped mid green, linear segmented leaves, similar to the common palm tree. With dense fibre like covered trunks, this makes the Trachycarpus a real tropical looking plant and small tree. In the summer months from June to August the Trachycarpus Fortunei produces beautiful, bright, clustered sprays of miniature yellow flowers. An ideal plant for a tropical garden, making an ideal all year specimen if protected efficiently from the cold.