2-3 Litre Pot
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Well drained
- Growth Rate: Average
- Hardiness: H6
- Eventual Height: 0.5 – 1m
- Eventual Spread: 1.5 – 2.5m
Juniperus Old Gold, also known as ‘Juniper Old Gold’ and holder of the prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit, is a highly sought-after evergreen conifer that is prized for its stunning golden yellow foliage. This slow-growing conifer can reach up to 1 metre in height, 2.5 metres in width and has a dense, pyramidal shape that makes it ideal for use as a specimen plant or as a backdrop in the garden.
Juniperus Old Gold are low maintenance and easy to care for, making them a popular choice for gardeners of all levels. They are hardy and can tolerate a wide range of growing conditions, including dry, hot summers and cold, harsh winters. With its attractive foliage and compact growth habit, this is a great choice for gardeners looking to add a touch of golden sunshine to their landscape.
How to care for your Juniperus Old Gold
- Sunlight: This plant prefers full sun to partial shade, but it can tolerate some shade, especially in hot climates.
- Water: It is drought-tolerant and does not require regular watering. Water deeply, once a week or less, in extended periods of drought.
- Soil: This plant prefers well-draining soil with a slightly acidic to neutral pH. If your soil is heavy or clay-like, consider mixing in some sand or compost to improve drainage.
- Fertilisation: It does not require regular fertilisation, but you can feed it once a year in the Spring with a slow-release fertiliser for evergreens.
- Pruning is not necessary for this plant, but you can trim it to maintain its shape or control its size if desired. Prune after the new growth has hardened off in the Spring.
Overall, Juniperus Old Gold is a low-maintenance and easy-to-care-for plant that is perfect for gardeners of all levels. With proper care, it will provide you with many years of golden yellow foliage that will add brightness and colour to your landscape.