2 – 3 Litre Pot
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth Rate: Average
- Flowering Period: July – September
- Hardiness: H5
- Eventual Height: 2 – 4m
- Eventual Spread: 0.5 – 1m
Jasminum Officinale Argenteovariegatum, also known as ‘Variegated Jasmine’ and holder of the prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit, is a cultivar of the commonly known Jasmine plant. This species is a fast-growing and twining vine that features fragrant, white flowers. The leaves are variegated with green and silver, adding an attractive touch to the plant’s appearance. The plant is best known for its sweet, heady fragrance that is often used in perfumes, teas, and other aromatic products.
Jasminum Officinale Argenteovariegatum originates from the northern hemisphere, specifically the Mediterranean and western Asia. It has been used in gardens for centuries and is a popular choice for climbers, trellises, and arbors.
How to care for your Jasminum Officinale Argenteovariegatum
- Light: Provide full sun to partial shade.
- Soil: Grow in well-drained soil.
- Water: Water regularly, especially during dry periods.
- Pruning: Prune in spring to control size and shape.
- Fertilisation: Fertilise regularly with a balanced fertiliser during the growing season.
With proper care, Jasminum Officinale Argenteovariegatum can thrive and provide fragrant, attractive foliage to any garden for many years to come.