2-3 Litre Pot
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth rate: Fast
- Flowering period: June – September
- Hardiness: H5
- Eventual height: 8m
- Eventual spread: 1m
Jasminum Officinale Affine, commonly known as ‘Large Flowered Jasmine’, is a small, twining shrub that is prized for its delicate, fragrant flowers. Native to Western Asia and the Himalayas, this plant is a popular choice for gardeners and landscapers looking to add fragrance and beauty to their gardens.
This Jasminum is a fast-growing plant that can reach up to 8 metres in length, and it is typically trained on a trellis, fence, or arbor. The plant produces an abundance of small, star-shaped white flowers that are highly fragrant and tinged with pink. The flowers typically bloom in late Spring and early Summer, attracting pollinators such as bees and butterflies.
In conclusion, Jasminum Officinale Affine is a must-have for gardeners who are looking for a compact, fragrant shrub that is easy to care for and adds beauty and fragrance to any garden. Whether grown in a container or in the ground, this plant is sure to be a standout in any garden.
How to care for your Jasminum Officinale Affine
- Light: This plant prefers bright, indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight as it can cause leaf burn.
- Watering: Keep the soil evenly moist but not waterlogged. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering again. Over-watering can lead to root rot, so be sure to have good drainage.
- Soil: This plant prefers well-draining soil with a slightly acidic pH. You can use a general purpose potting mix and add sand for better drainage.
- Fertiliser: Feed with a balanced, water-soluble fertiliser every two weeks during the growing season. Reduce feeding to monthly during the Autumn and Winter.
- Pruning: Prune after it has finished blooming to encourage new growth and to maintain its shape. Remove any dead or damaged stems and leaves.
By following these tips, you can help your Jasminum Officinale Affine thrive and enjoy its beautiful blooms and fragrant scent for many years to come.