2-3 Litre Pot
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth Rate: Slow-Average
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Hardiness: H5
- Eventual Height: 2m
- Eventual Spread: 2m
Euonymus Bravo, commonly known as ‘Spindle Bravo’, is a compact, dense, evergreen shrub that is known for its vibrant, variegated foliage and its ability to add colour and interest to any landscape. This versatile plant is native to Japan and China, and has been cultivated for centuries for its striking leaves and hardiness.
One of the best features of Euonymus Bravo is its ability to adapt to a wide range of growing conditions. It can be planted in full sun or partial shade, and can tolerate a wide range of soil types, from sandy to clay. The plant is also drought-tolerant, making it an ideal choice for low-maintenance landscapes.
Euonymus Bravo is a great choice for adding year-round colour to your garden. Its glossy, green leaves are splashed with creamy white, giving it a striking appearance that will brighten up any landscape. It’s perfect for use as a hedge, accent plant, or as a specimen plant in a container.
How to care for your Euonymus Bravo
- Plant in well-drained soil in a location that receives full sun to partial shade.
- Water regularly, keeping the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged.
- Fertilise in the Spring with a balanced fertiliser.
- Minimal pruning is required, but if desired, it can be pruned to shape in late Winter or early Spring before new growth appears.
- This plant is drought-tolerant, but it’s a good idea to provide additional water during prolonged dry spells.
- Keep in mind that it may require more frequent watering during the first growing season to establish its root system.
- Be sure to protect it from extreme cold or heavy snowfall, colder than -15˚C, by covering it with burlap or other protection.
By following these simple care instructions, you can enjoy a vibrant and healthy Euonymus Bravo in your landscape for many years to come.