- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth Rate: Average
- Flowering Period: July-August
- Hardiness: Hardy, may need protection in the winter
- Eventual Height: 0.5-1m
- Eventual Spread: 0.1-0.5m
Crocosmia George Davison, sometimes reffered to as Montbretia, originating from grasslands in South Africa has lance shaped, mid green leaves and tall, erect/slightly branching stems bearing in the summer months beautiful spikes of orange/lemon yellow flowers, providing some colour through and above the erect leaves. The Crocosmia is best planted at the edge of a shrub border or in large clumps in a herbaceous border. To maintain the vigour be sure to divide congested planted clumps in spring, and the Crocosmia will be sure to reward you in true beauty.