2-3 Litre Pot
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth rate: Fast
- Hardiness: H5
- Eventual height: 2m
- Eventual spread: 2m
Salix Hakuro Nishiki, commonly known as ‘Flamingo Willow’ and holder of the prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit is a stunning willow variety that is known for its unique pink and white variegated leaves. Originating from Japan, this deciduous shrub has a long history of cultivation. The plant’s delicate appearance and low maintenance make it a popular choice for gardens and landscaping.
One of the main features of Salix Hakuro Nishiki is its variegated leaves. The leaves are a mix of pink and white, giving the plant a unique and striking appearance. The leaves are also relatively large, adding to the plant’s overall visual impact.
The plant is also known for its low maintenance and hardiness. It is able to tolerate a wide range of temperatures and growing conditions, making it a versatile option for a variety of settings. Additionally, it is a fast-growing plant, which makes it great for landscaping and filling in bare spots in gardens.
How to care for your Salix Hakuro Nishiki
- Watering: The plant prefers moist soil, but it should not be left in standing water. Water the plant thoroughly, but allow the soil to dry out slightly between watering.
- Soil: Prefers well-drained soil that is slightly acidic to neutral.
- Sunlight: This willow variety prefers full sun or partial shade. It will tolerate a wide range of light conditions, but will grow best in areas that receive at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Pruning: Prune to maintain its shape and size. Prune in late winter or early spring before new growth appears.
- Fertiliser: The plant does not require regular fertilisation, but you can fertilise it with a balanced fertiliser in the Spring if desired.
By following these simple care instructions, you can keep your Salix Hakuro Nishiki healthy and beautiful for many years to come.