3 Litre Pot
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Position: Full sun
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Flowering Period: June – July
- Hardiness: H6
- Eventual Height: 1.5 – 2.5m
- Eventual Spread: 1.5 – 2.5m
Rubus Golden Vale, also known as the ‘White Stemmed Bramble’ and holder of the prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit, is a stunning clump forming, erect, deciduous shrub that is highly valued for its striking foliage. This plant is a popular choice for adding colour and interest to gardens and landscapes.
One of the most striking features of this Rubus is its foliage, which is a vibrant shade of golden yellow in the Spring and Summer months. As the season progresses, the leaves may turn shades of orange, red, and pink, adding a fiery burst of colour to any landscape.
Despite its ornamental qualities, this is also relatively low-maintenance and easy to grow. It prefers well-drained soil and full sun to partial shade, and can be pruned to maintain its shape and size.
If you’re looking for a versatile and visually stunning plant to add to your landscape, this is an excellent choice.
How to care for your Rubus Golden Vale
- Soil: Prefers well-drained soil that is rich in organic matter. If your soil is heavy or compacted, consider amending it with compost or well-rotted manure to improve drainage and fertility.
- Watering: During the growing season, it needs regular watering to keep the soil evenly moist but not waterlogged. Aim to water deeply once or twice a week, depending on rainfall and temperature.
- Fertiliser: Benefits from regular applications of balanced fertiliser throughout the growing season. You can use a granular or liquid fertiliser, applying it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pruning: It can be pruned in late Winter or early Spring to maintain its shape and size. Cut back any dead or damaged wood, and selectively prune to encourage new growth and improve air circulation.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your Rubus Golden Vale plant stays healthy and vibrant for years to come. With its brilliant foliage it is sure to become a standout feature in your garden or outdoor space.