2-3 Litre Pot
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth Rate: Average
- Flowering Period: July
- Hardiness: H5
- Eventual Height: 0.25-0.5m
- Eventual Spread: 0.25-0.5m
Nandina Fire Power, also known as ‘Heavenly Bamboo’ is a compact and upright evergreen shrub with golden, green leaves which turn into an orange/red in the Autumn. Panicles of white flowers also appear in the Summer. This stunning variety of Nandina is prized for its fiery red foliage that stays bright and vibrant all season long. With its compact growth habit and low maintenance requirements, it is an excellent choice for gardeners of all skill levels.
This evergreen shrub reaches up to 1/2 metre tall and wide, making it perfect for use as a border plant, in mass plantings, or in containers. In the Spring, it produces delicate white blooms that give way to clusters of bright red berries that persist into Winter. This shrub is not only attractive, but it’s also highly adaptable, thriving in a wide range of growing conditions.
How to care for your Nandina Domestica Firepower
- Light: Prefers full sun to partial shade. Ensure that the plant receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Water: This plant is drought-tolerant and does not require a lot of water. Water deeply once a week and allow the soil to dry out slightly before watering again. Over-watering can lead to root rot, so be careful not to overwater.
- Soil: Prefers well-draining soil. If your soil is heavy or retains moisture, mix in compost or sand to improve drainage.
- Fertiliser: Fertilise once a year with a slow-release granular fertiliser in the Spring. Avoid over-fertilising, as this can lead to leaf drop.
- Pruning: Prune in late Winter or early Spring to control growth and maintain the desired shape.
With these simple care tips, your Nandina Domestica Firepower will flourish and add colour to your garden for years to come.