3 Litre Pot
- Position: Full sun
- Soil: Well drained
- Growth Rate: Average
- Hardiness: H7
- Eventual Height: 4 – 5m
- Eventual Spread: 2 – 3m
Juniperus Recurva Var Coxii, also known as ‘Coffin Juniper’, is a slow-growing evergreen conifer that is prized for its stunning dark green needle like foliage and its unique, recurved branch structure. This plant can reach a height of up to 5 metres and has a spreading habit of 3 metres, making it an ideal choice for use as a specimen plant or as a backdrop in the garden.
The Coffin Juniper is a cultivar of the popular species Juniperus Recurva, and it was named in honour of the late British horticulturist E.F. Cox. This plant has been popular with gardeners for generations, and it remains a favourite today due to its attractive foliage and versatility in the landscape. With its low-maintenance requirements and hardy nature, it is a great choice for gardeners looking to add a touch of blue-grey beauty to their landscape.
How to care for your Juniperus Recurva Coxii
- Sunlight: This plant prefers full sun to partial shade, but it can tolerate some shade, especially in hot climates.
- Water: It is drought-tolerant and does not require regular watering. Water deeply, once a week or less, especially during extended periods of drought.
- Soil: This plant is adaptable to a wide range of soils, including poor, sandy soils. Good drainage is important, so make sure to plant in well-draining soil.
- Fertilisation: Does not require regular fertilisation, but you can feed it once a year in the Spring with a slow-release fertiliser for evergreens.
- Pruning: Pruning is not necessary for this plant, but you can trim it to maintain its shape or control its size if desired. Prune after the new growth has hardened off in the Spring.
Overall, Juniperus Recurva Var Coxii is a low-maintenance and easy-to-care-for plant that is perfect for gardeners of all levels. With proper care, it will provide you with many years of stunning foliage that will add colour and beauty to your landscape.