5 Litre Pot
- Position: Full shade, full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth Rate: Slow at first, then average
- Flowering Period: June – August
- Hardiness: H4
- Eventual Height: 8 – 12m
- Eventual Spread: 2.5 – 4m
According to horticultural history, the Hydrangea Seemannii originates from Central America, where it was prized for its ability to adapt to a wide range of growing conditions and its beautiful, long-lasting blooms. Today, this magnificent shrub is widely cultivated and treasured for its beauty and versatility.
This Hydrangea prefers partial to full shade and well-drained soil that is consistently moist. It is a great choice for gardeners looking to add a touch of elegance and beauty to their outdoor spaces, and its long-lasting blooms make it an ideal choice for those seeking low-maintenance plants.
Add the Hydrangea Seemannii to your garden today and experience the beauty of this magnificent flowering shrub for yourself. Whether you are an experienced gardener or just starting out, this versatile and beautiful shrub is sure to provide you with years of enjoyment and beauty.
How to care for your Hydrangea Seemannii
- Light: This plant thrives in bright, indirect light but can tolerate some shade.
- Water: Water the plant regularly and keep the soil evenly moist, but not waterlogged. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out slightly before watering.
- Soil: Use a well-draining potting mix and make sure the pot has drainage holes to avoid water accumulation.
- Humidity: It likes high humidity, so consider using a pebble tray or a humidifier to increase the moisture in the air.
- Fertiliser: Feed the plant with a balanced liquid fertiliser every two weeks during the growing season and monthly during the dormant season.
- Pruning: Prune dead or yellowing leaves and stems as needed. Cut back the plant to encourage bushier growth and to keep its size under control.