2-3 Litre Pot
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Flowering Period: September
- Hardiness: H6
- Eventual Height: 4 – 8m
- Eventual Spread: 1.5 – 2.5m
Humulus Lupulus Aureus, also known as the ‘Golden Hop’ and holder of the prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit, is a unique cultivar of the hop plant species. It is a hardy, fast-growing, and versatile plant that is native to Europe and Asia. The golden hops plant is prized for its bright yellow foliage and its use in brewing beer. It is a popular choice for gardeners, brewers, and landscapers alike.
Hops have been used in brewing beer for centuries, and the Golden Hop cultivar has been around for at least a few decades. Its popularity has grown as more and more people discover the unique beauty and versatility of this plant.
How to care for your Humulus Lupulus Aureus
- Light: The golden hops plant prefers full sun to partial shade.
- Soil: It grows well in moist, well-drained soil with a neutral to slightly acidic pH.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist, but not waterlogged.
- Fertiliser: Fertilise the plant once a month during the growing season with a balanced fertiliser.
- Pruning: Prune the plant in late Winter or early Spring to control its size and shape.
Overall, the Humulus Lupulus Aureus is a low-maintenance and attractive addition to any garden. Whether grown for its foliage, its use in brewing, or both, it is a versatile and attractive plant that is well worth considering for any garden.