2-3 Litre Pot
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Fertile, well drained
- Growth rate: Vigorous
- Flowering period: June – October
- Hardiness: H4
- Eventual height: 3m
- Eventual spread: 1m
Fuchsia Lady Boothby, also known as ‘Hardy Fuchsia’ and holder of the prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit, is a stunning and unique variety of fuchsia that is known for its large, pendulous blooms that are a beautiful shade of pink and purple. This variety was first introduced in the early 1900s by the well-known fuchsia breeder, James Boothby, and it quickly became a favourite among gardeners due to its spectacular flowers and hardiness.
Lady Boothby is a deciduous shrub that can grow up to 3 metres tall and 1 metre wide. It is a great choice for container gardening, hanging baskets or as a specimen plant in the garden. It is hardy and can tolerate temperatures as low as -10°C.
With its unique and spectacular blooms, Fuchsia Lady Boothby is a must-have plant for any gardener looking to add some colour and interest to their garden. With proper care, it will thrive and bring beauty to your garden for many years to come.
How to care for your Fuchsia Lady Boothby
- Provide the plant with the proper growing conditions. Fuchsia Lady Boothby prefers a partially shaded area with morning sun and afternoon shade, and it thrives in well-drained, moist soil.
- Water regularly to keep the soil consistently moist, but not waterlogged. During the hot summer months, it may be necessary to water more frequently to prevent the soil from drying out.
- Fertilise regularly with a balanced fertiliser to promote healthy growth, especially during the Spring and Summer.
- Prune and deadhead regularly to shape the plant and encourage new growth. Deadheading spent flowers will also prolong the blooming period.
- Keep an eye out for any signs of pests or disease, and address them quickly to prevent them from spreading.
By providing your Fuchsia Lady Boothby with the proper care, it will thrive and bring beauty to your garden for many years to come. Enjoy your beautiful pink and purple blooms!