2-3 Litre Pot
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Well drained
- Growth rate: Fast
- Flowering period: May – June
- Hardiness: H5
- Eventual height: 0.5m
- Eventual spread: 1m
Euonymus Silver Queen, also known as ‘Spindle’ is a cultivar of the popular Euonymus Japonicus, a species of evergreen shrub native to Japan, China and Korea. It is known for its striking variegated foliage, featuring green and white leaves. The leaves begin as a rich, creamy yellow in Spring, changing to a green with broad creamy white margins as the season progresses and was selected for its unique leaf colour and has been a popular landscape plant since its introduction.
One of the best features of Euonymus Silver Queen is its ability to add a splash of colour to any landscape. Its variegated leaves are a striking contrast to the green foliage of other plants and can add a touch of interest to any garden. It can be grown as a shrub or trained as a vine, making it a great choice for small gardens, as a hedge or in mixed border. It is also a great choice for adding colour to a dull wall or fence.
Euonymus Silver Queen is a versatile and easy-to-grow plant, making it a great choice for gardeners of all skill levels. Its unique variegated leaves will add a touch of interest to any landscape, making it a great choice for any garden. With proper care and attention, it will thrive and add a unique touch of interest to any landscape. This plant is also a popular choice for hedging and topiary as well.
How to care for your Euonymus Silver Queen
- Light: Provide bright, indirect light or partial shade.
- Water: Water regularly and thoroughly, allowing the soil to dry out slightly between waterings.
- Soil: Plant in well-draining soil and provide good air circulation.
- Fertiliser: Fertilise monthly during the growing season with a balanced fertiliser.
- Pruning: Prune to control size and shape, and to promote healthy growth.