2-3 Litre Pot
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Position: Full sun
- Soil: Well drained
- Growth rate: Fast
- Flowering period: May – June
- Hardiness: H5
- Eventual height: 0.6m
- Eventual spread: 1m
Euonymus Emerald and Gold, commonly known as ‘Spindle’ and holder of the prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit, is a cultivar of the popular Euonymus Fortunei, a species of evergreen shrub native to China and Japan. It is known for its striking variegated foliage, featuring green and yellow leaves and was selected for its unique leaf colour and has been a popular landscape plant since its introduction.
One of the best features of this Euonymus is its ability to add a splash of colour to any landscape. Its variegated leaves are a striking contrast to the green foliage of other plants and can add a touch of interest to any garden. It can be grown as a shrub or trained as a vine and it will look great in any garden. It is also a great choice for adding colour to a dull wall or fence.
The Euonymus Emerald and Gold is a versatile and easy-to-grow plant, making it a great choice for gardeners of all skill levels. Its unique variegated leaves will add a touch of interest to any landscape, making it a great choice for any garden. With proper care and attention, it will thrive and add a unique touch of interest to any landscape.
How to care for your Euonymus Emerald and Gold
- Light: The plant prefers bright, indirect light but can also tolerate some shade.
- Water: Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out between watering.
- Soil: Use well-draining soil.
- Fertiliser: Fertilise monthly during the growing season (Spring to Autumn) with a balanced, water-soluble fertiliser.
- Pruning: Prune to maintain desired shape in late winter or early spring.