2-3 Litre Pot
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Well drained
- Growth Rate: Average
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Hardiness: H6
- Eventual Height: 4-8m
- Eventual Spread: 4-8m
Cotoneaster Rothchildianus, commonly known as ‘Willow Leaved Cotoneaster’ is an elegant and versatile semi-evergreen shrub. With its arching branches and glossy, dark green leaves, it creates a striking, year-round display in any garden. In Summer, it produces clusters of small, white flowers that are followed, in Autumn and Winter by shiny red berries. The berries are attractive to birds and add colour to the garden. This plant is perfect for use as a specimen plant, in hedges, or as a background plant in mixed borders.
How to care for your Cotoneaster Rothchildianus
- Planting: Prefers well-drained soil, and can tolerate a wide range of soil types. When planting, make sure to choose a location that gets partial shade to full sun.
- Watering: Once established, it is drought-tolerant and does not require frequent watering. Water only during prolonged dry periods or during establishment period.
- Fertilising: Fertilise in Spring with a general-purpose fertiliser.
- Pruning: Prune as necessary to control the size and shape of the plant. Remove any dead or diseased branches. It can be pruned to any size or shape and can be used as a hedge or topiary.
- Winter Protection: It is hardy and can tolerate cold temperatures. No special protection is needed in Winter.
By following these simple care tips, your Cotoneaster Rothchildianus will thrive and provide a beautiful, low-maintenance addition to your garden for years to come.