3 Litre Pot
- Position: Full sun
- Soil: Moist, well drained
- Growth Rate: Average
- Flowering Period: June – July
- Hardiness: H4
- Eventual Height: 1.5 – 2.5m
- Eventual Spread: 1.5 – 2.5m
Carpenteria Californica, also known as ‘Tree Anemone’, is a beautiful and unique perennial shrub that is native to California, USA. It is known for its large, white, saucer-shaped flowers that bloom in the Spring and Summer, and its glossy, dark green leaves. This versatile and easy-to-grow plant is perfect for adding a touch of elegance and beauty to any landscape.
Carpenteria Californica is a great choice for gardeners looking for a low-maintenance and hassle-free plant. It is drought tolerant once established and can thrive in a variety of soil types, making it a great choice for low water gardens. This Carpenteria can grow up to 2.5 metres tall and wide, so it can be used as a specimen plant, in mixed borders, or as a hedge. It is hardy and can be grown in full sun.
If you are looking for a unique and elegant addition to your garden, this plant is a great choice. With its beautiful flowers, glossy leaves and low maintenance, it is a great choice for adding some beauty and drama to any garden.
How to care for your Carpenteria Californica
- Plant in well-drained soil in a location that receives full sun.
- Water the plant regularly to establish the root system, then reduce watering as the plant becomes more established and drought tolerant. Be careful not to over-water as this can lead to root rot.
- Fertilise the plant with a balanced, water-soluble fertiliser every 4-6 weeks during the growing season.
- Regularly remove any dead or yellowing leaves to keep the plant looking its best.
- Prune back the plant in late Winter or early Spring to control the size and shape of the plant.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your Carpenteria Californica stays healthy and thrives. This plant can be slow to establish itself, but once it does, it can be a beautiful and long-lasting addition to any garden.